Saturday 23 August 2014

Defining Audiences

In order to create my music video with success is to be able to recognise my audience, and direct my product with the codes and conventions that'd suit them and entice other related audience to watch it.

So I researched into potential audiences that'd be best suit to my product.

There ar3e various ways in defining audiences, which include gender, age, class & status. With all these approaches it gives you a clear understanding of audiences and what seperates them.

Within these catorgories there are sub catergories..

Age

Children
Teens
Young Adults
Adults
Elderly

Gender

Male
Female

Class & Status  

Upper Class
Middle Class
Lower Middle Class
Working Class

From this and my initial ideas I believe that teens & young adults will be my main focus, male and female ranging from the working class to upper class. As indie rock is listened to and appreciated by a wide range of people which is a great way for my product to gain recognition. There is methods within the industry in how audiences are difined. One of the being the Live Matrix ..

Live Matrix

A life matrix is also another way of defining your target audience. It was launched by MRI and RoperASW and is a new method that looks at ten audience categories, centred around both values, attitudes and beliefs, and more fundamental, demographic audience categories.


Tribe wired
Digital, free-spirited, creative young singles
Fun
Aspirational, fun-seeking, active young people
Dynamic Duos
Hard-driving, high-involvement couples
Priority Parents
Family values, activities, media strongly dominate
Home Soldiers
Home-centric, family-oriented, materially ambitious
Renaissance Women
Active, caring, affluent, influential mums
Rugged Traditionalists
Traditional male values, love of outdoors
Struggling Singles
High aspirations, low economic status
Settled elders
Devout, older, sedentary lifestyles
Free Birds
Vital, active, altruistic

I have decided on directing my product toward the 'Tribe Wired' and 'Struggling Singles' as these are the people that'd most be passionate about indie rock within the mass. These are the people that are interacting with social media and media in general the most. For example they watch music videos the most, keep up to date with new releases. But I am not limiting my audience but this will be my main focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment