Monday 13 October 2014

Costume Ideas

As I have planned with numerous locations, I thought this would give me the perfect opportunity to vary the costumes. I believe this would make the video look realistic. Also as it is a story, different costumes and locations will help develop the time line of the story, to keep it flowing and keep time rolling smoothly. The main style I was going for is baggy, 'shabby' and a bit tatty. To for fill the 'hillbilly' 'gypsy' theme. This would consist of over sized t-shirts, baggy jumpers and old checkered shirts.

 As I am going to swap costumes for most locations, I worked out which day in the shoot would consist of the locations. I met with the actors and the band to see what they had in their wardrobe to see what I was working with.

'Caravan'

As the caravan is cut throughout the video and is the main location, I will need multiple costumes, as in the story, the caravan scenes will spread over numerous days.

Male - Baggy Checkered Shirt / Over Sized White Tee / Old, Faded Varsity Jacket
Female - Simple Black Jumpsuit / Wears his Clothes in Some Shots
  

'Derelict Area & Skatepark'

Male - Baggy Coach Jacket / Tatty Jumper / Black Jeans
Female - Baggy Quilted Jacket / Black Jeans
          
'Joyride Scene & Abandoned Asylum'

Male - Baggy T-Shirt / Baggy Vest / Cap
Female - Floral Trousers / Black Jacket


'Bar'

Male - Striped Buttoned Polo / Black Beanie
Female - Floral Shirt / Black Skirt / Glasses

 
'Beach'

Male - Green Sweater / Red Bandanna / Rolled Up Jeans
Female - Males Checkered Shirt

'Accessories'

Throughout the video in every scene the characters will wear gold accessories, this will fit the theme of hillbilly and gypsy. As the Male character has a tattoo also, this will enhance the theme, this will get in a close up along with accessories to establish the costume detail.

 
My inspiration toward accessories was Johnny Depp. He had the image linked to my theme, with all the accessories and the gold ring. Accessory wise, I was going to aim for this image, with gold rings, watched and necklaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment