Thursday 16 October 2014

Location Permission

When I location scouted I asked for permission to film. All of the land owners said yes. I decided before shooting I should confirm time and dates just to make sure any locations were not a problem.

Caravan - The owner of the caravan 'Ellie Harper' agreed for me to film there, I showed her my shooting schedule and the times we were shooting, she was completely fine with it incase I would clean up after and any damages were to be payed for.

Derelict Area - The first time we went there there was a man who ran the cattle market factories which said it was fine to shoot on their land. He gave me his number, when I rang back he said it was still fine as long as we didn't get in the way of any business and explained why we were there, and we had permission to any concerned poeple. I showed him the schedule and he told me it should'nt be too busy.

Joyride Scene - This land owner was my Dad's friend. He said it was okay at a weekend. When we rang him back up, we showed him the timings, and he agreed he could open the gates for up and lock up after as long as we stuck to the agreed times, where correct planning was crucial. He allowed us to use his electric and left us out an extention cable to power the smoke machine. He was notified about us driving on there and he let us drive on the gravel.

Abandoned Mental Asylum - We rang up the sercurity there and asked where we could film. He said it was fine for us to film in there, but not to enter the buildings with warnings on or that was fenced off. We went down to double check where we could and it was all suitable. They notified us that there would be no workers on site on Sundays or Saturdays, which sat perfectly with our schedule.

Bar - When we was location scouting, we asked the bar when was possible to film. He told us in weekdays he closed at 3 and re-opened at 5. So in that gap, there would be no people in the pub and we were free to film. We rang him up for the second time to confirm the Wednesday shooting day, he agreed as long as we stuck to the timings so it wouldn't effect business.

The Skatepark and the Beach were public areas meaning we were free to film what we liked so we didn't have to worry about permission. All of the locations granted permission as planned as long as we stuck to timings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment