Tuesday 14 October 2014

Prop Preparation

To prepare all my props I broke down all my locations and scenes to ensure I didn't miss anything out that could potentially disadvantage the day of shooting.



As you can see there is a lot of repeatability in my props, I have done this as my video shoot will range over 4-5 days, so each day I will need to load my props in the car. To avoid confusion I have plotted every prop for every scene even if it has been mentioned before. This way will also remove any unwanted props and save room for the actors and equipment in the car. Here is some pictures of the props I will be using ..


I believe the tiny details of the props will make the video look more realistic. The more props the better as in real life, they will have normal living items and items they use when they are doing day to day activities. For example the curtains, lights, clothes, camera etc. To add more detail to my video to create this realism, I have bought a lot of smoking paraphernalia, including rolling paper, sealer bags, roach card, parsley to look like drugs etc. All this added detail will create realism whilst sticking to the theme and to guide the narrative in the way I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment