Thursday 16 October 2014

Shooting Schedule

 

This is  my shooting schedule. The reasoning for the locations on certain days is as follows..
  • The caravan was the main focus of the video, it would be cut to consistantly throughout the video, showing importance. I started early and ended with enough time to cover any shots missed or if anything went wrong and had to be re shot.
  • On the outside shoots I made sure I shot before the middle of the day or after. Taking this approach allows me to catch the sun when it will be in the camaeras shot or just off to create a natural lens flare from the sun in the sun. This creates a nice cinematic feel to the shots. 
  • I worked out sunset was between 8:00-8:30, so for my dusk shots I allowed enough time to shoot before the sun went down, therefor before my 'ISO' settings on my camera had to go above 800. The lower the ISO the higher the quality, anything above 800 created grainy videos. This is why I avoided planning shots in the dark.
  • I created breaks between locations and long scenes to refresh the actors and keep them satisfied. Enough time for beverages and food so their acting skills where still top quality without tiredness.
  • I also worked out time for travel in between locations, so the plan wasn't altered due to timing problems. I worked out the travel time on Google Maps, allowed time for traffic and had adresses in a sat nav ready so there was no set backs. For example I allowed 2 and a half hours to get to Skegness. It takes 2 hours to get there, allowing 30 mins for traffic and set up time on set.
  • I gave the actors a copy of this sheet, with a list of costumes they had to wear for which locations so they were fully prepared for the shoot, they knew timings so there was no confusion.
This Schedule was very helpful, it kept organisation within the shoot, keeping me and the actors organised, happy and well prepared for a successful shoot.






No comments:

Post a Comment