Sunday 2 November 2014

Camera Movement - Equipment

The three type of shots I want is Raw Handheld but not shaky, Smooth whilst Moving and Smooth Fixed.

Down to my research, the best and most effective way to get a Handheld look but still with no shaking would to invest in a shoulder rig. This is a rig that sits of your shoulder with the camera in front of you with two handles. It creates a raw documentary type shot which is exactly what I wanted. It is weighed down to eliminate shaking. Here are some test shots I found on YouTube.

       
        

This will give me the natural, raw, handheld look I want for the music video.

To get a Smooth shot whilst Moving, I found that a steadicam, flycam or glidecam would work perfectly. It is weighted beneath the camera, once adjusted to the weight of your camera, it will give you that film look whilst moving. Eliminating all shakes to give you the smoothest shot possible at any speed you move at. Here is some test footage of the Flycam Nano on YouTube.

      

This shot gives a really free flowing feel to it. This will enhance the feel of the video, as this free flowing shot whilst the characters are adventuring, will represent them being free together doing what they want, going where they want. It will work perfectly in the happy stages of the video as it creates a really calm natural shot, working really well at a high aperture wide angle lens.

To get a Smooth Fixed Shot I found that a Dolly or a Slider would work really well. It would work well establishing a new scene in the video. Visually these shots are beautiful, which'll work well in the happy stages, when they're adventuring in new locations. Here is some test footage I found from YouTube.

      

These shots are visually amazing. I will use this movement when establishing a scene when the song is calm and relaxed. But making sure not to use them in the wrong places or over use this movement. For example the beach shots.

These 3 movements will enhance my camera work massively, I am going to purchase these to for fill the music video I desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment