Saturday 15 November 2014

Editing - Visual Effects

Visual Effects wise I wanted to keep the video minimalistic as this keeps a sense of realism. So I kept the vfx to the minimum. Otherwise over the top effects could draw from the idea of realism and the video would start to not give the impression it was real.

The only vfx I added were slight delays on very short clips in the joyride scene. These are very quick clips and with this fx, it is meant to show the audience an idea of what the actor is feeling. It portrays that his mind is a mess, unclear and generally intoxicated to a point where his vision is very impaired. It is a way to make the viewer feel how the character is feeling. This worked very well as I used it subtly and not over the top, and was a good addition to the visual effects.

How I did it was pretty simple. I duplicated the clip and put it on a layer above the original clip. I dropped the opacity down to 50% and placed the duplicated clip a couple of frames to the right to create this effect. The more frames to the right the more intense the effect is. This is how it was created and what it produced..


End Result..





No comments:

Post a Comment