Sunday 2 November 2014

Song Used & Structure

           

This is the Track I am going to use. It is by a local band called Paper Shop Dave and the track is called The Wild.

When I was choosing the track I had to pick very carefully. As the stages in my plan had to fit the structure of the music perfectly, so the shot pace would speed up at correct times. So the atmosphere of the song would match the planned tension in my video. This song was 5.41. I know that is a really long song compared to the typical music video/song, but with my plan having so many scenes and different locations, it gives me a lot of time to play with, to build the tension correctly and have freedom with my creativity. If shot and edited right the viewers won't get bored. The guitar riff, when relaxed is perfect for happy scenes. The chorus is more exciting and the outro turns a bit darker, fitting perfectly with my plan.

0.00 - 0.40 - Intro

Happy Scenes including Derelict Area, Skatepark, establish caravan.

0.40 - 1.21 - Verse 1

Caravn Shots, Introduce Asylum.

1.21 - 1.41 - Chorus 1

Gets more excited, quicker shots of being happy.

1.41 - 2.01 - Breakdown

Slows down in the transition.

2.01 - 2.21 - Verse 2

Quicker Shots in Bar.

2.22 - 2.41 - Chorus 2

Really Quick Shots on the Drugs.

2.41 - 3.11 - Breakdown

Slows down, massive contrast of speed when the music slows massively.

3.11 - 3.41 - Build Up

Desperation, start fighting, no drugs left, really showing emotion.

3.41 - 5.41 - Outro

Massive build up of them doing drugs and joyriding. Quick cuts a repetition showing emotion.

Music gets darker, quicker shots, visuals get darker and more intense.

Fighting in Caravan, really quick shots.

Last note, the hanging of the male character.


These annotations gives me a clear guideline of the pace of the shots in comparison to the music.


No comments:

Post a Comment