Monday 3 November 2014

Lighting

For the shoot I was thinking where I would need lighting to avoid going to a high ISO. I realised the caravan without film sort lights, 1) the smoky beams wouldn't be so apparent, if not at all. As if there is not sun directly shooting through the windows, my idea won't work. 2) it might be too dark and detail may be lost in the shot. To avoid these potential problems I got hold of 2 film lights. It was perfect as there was 2 windows. I set the more subtle light on the side window, so glares could be created but not too much where you can't see the subject. Then the stronger light through the big black window to create silhouettes when I wanted.


Due to the shooting schedule I have ensured most shoots are set just before midday or just after. This is to avoid the sun being directly above. But most of all it is to avoid the lack of sunlight to quality is not lost.

The shots that will need light, that need to be shot in the dusk for the mood I was going for is the beach shots, and also the drug exchange scene after the abandoned mental asylum. For these shots power cannot be provided. I will be using a portable led light panel.


Through all this lighting, all of my shots should be lit nice and evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment