Sunday 2 November 2014

Camera Settings - Slow Motion

A couple of shots in my music video will consist of slow motions shots. For example the car skidding on gravel, the hanging of the male character. Numerous shots in the car and caravan sniffing substances. That mixed with fast motion footage will create a trippy feel, to embrace the viewers with what the character is going through, creating realism.

Through personal experience if the footage is slowed down only in post, the slow motion is not smooth at all. For the best cinematic look I want to make it smooth as possible.

         

This gave me the basis in how to shoot and edit for slow motion footage. As I am shooting in 25fps I will shoot my slow motion footage in 50fps. Then in post slow the footage down by 50%. This will create a really smooth slow motion shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment