Saturday 15 November 2014

Editing - Organisation

The methods I took for organising my footage had to be very efficient. I shot approximately 88GB in HD footage. This shows there was hundreds of clips to play with. To get the best out of my footage it means I have to be well organised so no amazing shots are not left out, so I don't get confused. Also this will save a lot of time whilst going through the footage. I decided to make folders of the locations, renders and edits to organise the footage.

Within them folders I decided to split the footage up into sub folders, to separate what I needed. I split them up into 3 sections, the happy stage, the middle 'psychotic' stage, and then the heated stage.


I decided to keep the bad, unused footage just in case. I never delete footage I think I won't use just in case it could come in handy.

I used the same organisational structure within the software through 'media bins' within the software. This was an opportunity for me not to be confused and also to import as less footage as I could to avoid software lag.




No comments:

Post a Comment