Saturday 15 November 2014

Editing - Slow Motion & Fast Motion

Within the Joyride scene to create the 'trippy' effect along with the delayed effect I wanted to play around with motion speed. This will be an addition to making the viewer feel what the charactor in the music video is feeling. Also to represent his mind set, building up the tension throughout the scene, perfect to lead up to the final scene.

With the short, quick clips in this scene I decided to slow the motion, and also speed some clips up.

To speed up I created a 'volocity' bar on the clip and raised it to a point where it was fast enough.



To slow the motion down, in pre production I planned the camera shots in slow motion to be shot in a certain way. I double the frame rate, so when slowed down it is really slow, smooth and not jolty. To recognise the slow motion shots I could see the video interlace in the video. To slow it down to the perfect frame rate to avoid interlaced footage and jolty footage I selected the playback rate to 0.5. This matched the frame and worked exactly as planned..



No comments:

Post a Comment