Sunday 2 November 2014

Camera Movements

A huge factor in Music Videos is the theme or the mood create and anticipated by camera movement. All camera techniques will not match all moods, as nice as the sot is if it doesn't fit the mood it will just look out of place. So to plan this correctly I am first going to lay down my mood and the way I want the camera movement to run parallel with the mood.

Mood - The mood is very raw. As it is all narrative I feel like the shots should look like they are capturing reality. Almost capturing the characters real life, in a way where it'll create realism. This approach will create intimacy with the viewers making them believe that the video they are witnessing is real. 

The way I shall act upon this mood is by planning camera movement that will work. For example raw movement from the camera to correspond with the raw reality theme. When the song slows down from a big climax to create a relaxed feel (when the couple are in a happy state of mind) I could use smoother shots to show off the beauty of the scenes. When the couples are active and moving, for example when adventuring I would want a really smooth but fast shot. All these ideas, collaborated together, used at correct times in the structure can create the mood I wanted to achieve.

I am now going to research the best equipment to achieve these shots.  

No comments:

Post a Comment